If you are under the impression that your loved one is being victimized by a nurse or other health care professional while present at an adult living facility, we recommend you give us a call immediately to help you find an experienced South Dakota nursing home abuse lawyer who can speak with you and determine whether you have a viable case on your hands.
The longer you wait to report your complaints, the longer your loved one could be subjected to such conditions. Sadly, many of the residents living in these nursing homes suffer from diseases that affect their ability to recollect certain events and some aren’t able to communicate with their loved ones what is truly going on.
What are Some Physical Indicators that Abuse, Neglect, or Exploitation May Be Occurring?
According to the South Dakota Department of Social Services, there are certain indicators you may witness that may signify that abuse is happening. Some are provided below:
- Resident injuries that have not been cared for properly
- Injuries that are not compatible with history.
- Frequent use of the emergency room and/or hospital or health provider.
- Administration of medication is being administered inadequately or inappropriately.
- Necessary equipment such as walkers, canes, bedside commode is lacking.
- Poor hygiene.
- Soiled clothing or bed; untreated bed sores.
- Resident experiences pain when touched.
If you are noticing any of the following, you can contact your local South Dakota Department of Social Services. A list of those locations can viewed by clicking here. You are then urged to contact one of the featured nursing home abuse attorneys located in SD immediately so they can follow up with your complaints.
Behavior Indicators You Want to Be Aware Of
- Agitation, anxiety
- Hesitation to reply
- Contradictory statements
- Unusual behavior attributed to dementia
Your loved one shouldn’t be subjected to abuse, neglect, malnourishment, or any other form of misconduct, especially when they rely on someone else to care for them. At USAttorneys, we understand how influential a South Dakota nursing home abuse lawyers can be as they can seek justice and compensation for the suffering your loved one has had to endure.