Select your county to be connected with a local attorney

Do You Suspect an Elderly Loved One Has Been Neglected or Abused at a Missouri Care Facility?

Statistics show that more than 30% of nursing homes across the country have experienced some form of negligent or abusive treatment of their elderly residents. Incidents include general negligence to provide care, emotional and physical abuse at the hands of a staff member, other resident or visitor. But while many cases go unreported, there is something you can do if you suspect your loved one was hurt. If one of your family members is currently living at a long-term care facility in Missouri, we can connect you to an experienced Missouri nursing home abuse attorney who will help your family obtain justice and compensation for your pain and suffering.

Watching for Signs of Elderly Abuse

Many nursing home residents are unable to report incidents or defend themselves against attacks, but as a family member, there are certain signs of abuse you can watch for and for which you can seek legal help.

Common signs of nursing home abuse include:

  • Malnutrition
  • Poor hygiene
  • Unexplained injuries or infections
  • Sudden changes in behavior
  • Fear of staff or residents
  • Rapid weight loss or gain
  • Unexplained death

If any of these signs are present, your loved one may have been abused. At this point you can contact a nursing home abuse lawyer in Missouri to investigate the matter and file a case against the center for failure to provide a secure, safe and healthy environment or for the personal injuries your loved one has endured.

Contact one of our nursing home neglect lawyers in Missouri today to contest any of the following kinds of mistreatment:

  • Physical abuse
  • Emotional abuse
  • Sexual abuse
  • Malnutrition
  • Dehydration
  • Injuries or bruises
  • Medication errors
  • Wrongful death

Our Missouri nursing home abuse lawyers are here to protect your rights and help you obtain justice for you and your family’s pain and suffering. Call today to schedule a consultation so you can discuss your options in filing a case.