Was Your Loved One Negatively Affected by a Nursing Home Staff Member?
In the state of Rhode Island, there are 66 nursing homes that offer their services for elderly individuals. Among the 66, only 14 have received an overall rating of 4.5 stars or above according to U.S. News & World Report. While many of the other facilities that may have a lower rating but provide acceptable care for those residing in their facility, others have been blatantly recognized for their poor ratings along with the reasons behind it. This information can help families make a more informed decision when choosing where they want to place their loved ones, but can also help victims of nursing home abuse build a solid case against a negligent or careless facility.
If your loved one has been harmed, injured, or verbally abused while present in a nursing home, please do not hesitate to contact USAttorneys immediately. You are going to need a Rhode Island nursing home abuse lawyer to help gather adequate evidence to fight for the justice and compensation your family member deserves. We understand how influential a knowledgeable attorney is which is why we only pair you up with the best in the field.
Questionable Nursing Homes in Rhode Island
Below are specific nursing home facilities in the state that have received a poor rating based on data provided by U.S. News & World Report.
- Orchard View Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
135 Tripps Lane, East Providence, RI 02915
Based on a five-star scale, this nursing home received a rating of 2.7 stars. Some of the issues documented include:
- The facility failed an inspection because it neglected to give residents proper treatment to prevent new bedsores or heal existing bedsores.
- The nursing home failed to ensure that each resident’s entire drug/medication regimen was free from unnecessary drugs.
- Hebert Nursing Home
180 Log Road, Smithfield, RI
Size- 133 beds
This nursing home received 2.6 starts out of a five-star rating. Some of the violations that were recorded include:
- The “nursing home failed to ensure the home area is free from accident hazards and to provide adequate supervision to prevent avoidable accidents.”
- The facility “failed to store, cook or serve food in a safe and clean way.”
171 Pleasant View Avenue, Smithfield, RI 02917
Size- 60 beds
This nursing home is being closely monitored as it has a history of low quality care. It currently has a two-star rating out of a five-star scale.
Some of the violations include:
- Facility “failed to provide care by qualified persons according to each resident’s written plan of care.”
- “Nursing home failed to store, cook or serve food in a safe and clean way.” This violation affected many of the residents living in the facility.
- Elmhurst Extended Care Facility
50 Maude Street, Providence, RI
Size- 206 beds
Elmhurst received a rating of two stars out of the five-star rating scale. Some of the inspection results recorded included:
- This facility failed to ensure the home area is free from hazards that could cause potential accidents and to provide adequate supervision to prevent any incidents from occurring.
- The “nursing home failed to have a licensed pharmacist review each resident’s medication(s) at least once a month and report irregularities to the attending doctor.”
Looking to Hire a Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer in the State of Rhode Island?
USAttorneys can help you find and retain a top of the line nursing home abuse lawyer in the state of RI who is well equipped to handle any type of case brought their way.